Friday, September 12, 2014

Just another Day on the Farm

Every once in a while we have to stay home and do farm stuff.  Our piglets are arriving tomorrow so we needed to go out and get the pen cleared out and ready for them.

We feed our piglets table scraps every day and while the pen was empty of pigs a garden decided to sprout from the seeds that the last pigs left behind.


Underneath that jungle is the pig pen.


And in that jungle grew tomatoes


And Pumpkins and Squash.

We pulled all the plants away from the fencing and feeding and watering stations but left what was growing in the center of the pen.  The new piglets will love it, first to hide in and as they get larger they will eat them.


As we were working out there some of the Turkeys came over to see what we were up to.
They are growing by leaps and bounds.


And then Mr. Blue (Heron) decided to stop by and visit for a bit before fishing.

Now I am canning more tomatoes and more marinara sauce but this is the end of it.  No more canning (at least of tomatoes) this season.  There is still Corn Chowder to make and other produce to be preserved but the tomatoes are done.  YAY

One year ago-Thursday Thoughts


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Ms. Sue, I continue to miss you!!! We are all signed up for scrapbooking but I hope I don't have to wait until then to see you!

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty cool harvest :)
    I have planted tomatoes in pots that sit in my little patio garden and I am overwhelmed with the two bright red tomatoes that I see on them. Thinking about your joy!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.