Saturday, January 4, 2014

The 11th Day of Christmas, A California Celebration

I was pretty pleased with my sleep last night.  I forced myself to stay up until 9 pm (midnight at home) even though I had been up since 4 am (1 am here) and I slept straight through until 5:30 this morning which is perfect!! 

I spent an hour calling Frank, catching up on emails and facebook, played my turns on Words with Friends and took my shower.  Went to the main house and got a chance to sit with Mary and have coffee while everyone else was still snoozing and then at 7:30 my niece, Natasha, came over and we went for a 2.5 mile walk.

When we got home, Larry, Mary, my nephew, Chad, Mom and I went to Shell Beach for Breakfast.  I was going to take some pics to post for you but there was nothing to see but fog.  After breakfast I helped Mary with her catechism lesson with which she will be instructing students tomorrow morning.  Since it is still Christmas she constructed a game board for the kids to play answering questions regarding Christmas and our Christmas Traditions and traditions. 

Traditions= Those things that are factual and can be found in the Bible.
traditions=Those things passed down through the ages but not found in the Bible.

 
Mary with her class lesson.
 
This afternoon we went for a ride to Castoro Cellars, a winery near Larry and Mary's house.  If you watched the movie "Sideways" you would have a tour of the area in which my brother lives.  There are many great wineries but Castoro Cellars is my favorite.  I bought some wine to ship home and I also bought some wine and gift items to take to my friends, Bob and Adrienne, who had us over for dinner tonight.
 
 
 
It was a beautiful day, 75*, blue skies and sunshine.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Paula, thanks. It is nice to spend some time with my nieces and nephews and their children. I normally only get to see them once a year. I get to see Mary and Larry a few times a year and for longer periods. It is funny that Larry lives the furthest from me and yet we see each other more than I see some of my family that lives a half hour away.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.